Aviation International News
- Rather than looking back on the year just passed, AIN is looking ahead in this issue. The editors make their best assessment of what we can expect to see in several key facets of the industry over the coming months. What is past may be prologue, but sometimes the future takes a path of its own.
- The big corporate news in this issue is an overview of the blockbuster acquisition by UTC of Rockwell Collins. AIN talked with industry analysts who see the consolidation as nothing less than a major revamping of how aircraft will be designed and built.
- Fresh from the Middle East Business Aviation Association show, several stories from the region made their way into this issue. For one, the Cirrus Vision Jet made its debut at the venue, along with at least a half dozen other models.
- In charter news, VistaJet cited its desire to acquire Bombardier Global 7500s to enhance its all-Bombardier fleet, but said it needs to remain financially prudent with its next moves. Meanwhile, long-time European provider PrivatAir filed for insolvency.
- Also facing financial woes, Piaggio declared insolvency, calling its P180 twin turboprop pusher program “unsustainable.” In more positive news, Boeing and Embraer move forward with their joint venture.